I have set up this blog so everybody that is interested in learning English will have another way to make it. This blog was created to be an open and free communication's channel where everybody is invited to take part, so we will learn English from each other. Every day I will post at least one word with its meaning and an instance using that word. You do not hesitate to collaborate, write your doubts down and make new uses or examples of each word. Thank you so much and let's learn English

viernes, 31 de diciembre de 2010

Off the top of my head: The first thing that shows up in your mind about an idea. (Lo primero que me viene a la cabeza) Off the top of my head maybe she was wrong about his feelings.

4 comentarios:

  1. An example: Today, off the top of my head I will go to bed very late...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I would say that sounds a little weird, because you know for sure that you are going to be very late. I think it's more for ideas that suddently shows up in your mind about either a topic or subject. For example, you are guessing about a event that just happen and you say: Off the top of my head he was who broke the car. But as I told you before I'm not a perfect speaker (I wish I were) so this it's just my opinion, but I'll ask about this to some american friends and I let you know. We are here to do that, to bring up examples and learn from our mistakes. THKS A LOT FOR COMMENTING

    ResponderEliminar
  3. my prof at ucla used a lot this expression!

    fran

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I understand, I think the best way to translate that expression could be: De primeras pense...But I don,t know...as you said we are here to learn english!!
    Thanx

    ResponderEliminar