I have set up this blog so everybody that is interested in learning English will have another way to make it. This blog was created to be an open and free communication's channel where everybody is invited to take part, so we will learn English from each other. Every day I will post at least one word with its meaning and an instance using that word. You do not hesitate to collaborate, write your doubts down and make new uses or examples of each word. Thank you so much and let's learn English

sábado, 8 de enero de 2011

To go to town:

1 - (on somehting) To do something lavishly. When you do something that involves spending a large amount of money. (Tirar la casa por la ventana) My friend went to the best and more expensive hotel in New York, he really went to town
2 - To work so hard or do something in a hardcore manner. We have to finish this work for tomorrow, let's go to town. The girl went to town on the dancefloor
3 - A sexual meaning when you are so horny. I saw the breasts of Sarah and I went to town. To go to town (on myself): to masturbate

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario